Hardwood flooring is a preferred choice for homeowners looking to replace their old, worn out hardwood floors. However, replacing your hardwood floors isn’t easy. Here are some of the most important steps that you need to take when you decide to replace your flooring.
Tools Needed for Replacing Hardwood Flooring
When you’re thinking about replacing your hardwood floors, then there are some tools that you should consider using. These tools will help you replace the old flooring with new ones:
- Pry bar or pry tool
- Drill or drill bits
- Stud finder
- Measuring tape or ruler
- Tape measure or straight edge
- Floor cleaner and vacuum cleaner
Steps for Replacing Hardwood Flooring
For replacing your Hardwood floor here are some steps to follow:
- Step1: Remove old flooring: The first step to replacing your hardwood floor is removing the old one. You can remove it by using a pry bar or pry tool.
- Step2: Measure the distance between studs: After removing the old flooring, then you need to measure the distance between the studs. You can use a measuring tape or ruler to do this.
- Step3: Mark out where you want to install new hardwood floors: After measuring the distance between the studs, then you need to mark out where you want to install new hardwood floors.
- Step4: Remove old flooring and measure for cut outs: After marking out where you want to install new hardwood floors, then you need to remove the old flooring.
- Step5: Install new wood on top of concrete subfloor or plywood subfloor: After removing the old flooring, then you need to install new wood on top of concrete subfloor or plywood subfloor.
When should you Replace Hardwood Flooring?
There are a lot of reasons why you should replace your hardwood floor. This is not an easy task to do, but there are some instances when it would be wise to consider replacing your old hardwood floors. Look at this website to discover an article source on replacing hardwood floor. H are some reasons when you should replace your flooring:
- When the flooring is damaged- When your hardwood flooring gets damaged, you should consider replacing it. This can be due to wear and tear or any other reason. For example, if your floors get scratched by furniture legs or sharp objects then it would be wise to replace them.
- When the wood is damaged- You can also replace your hardwood floors when they are damaged due to warping or cracking.
- When there are any major changes in your flooring- When you’re thinking about replacing your hardwood floors, then it would be wise to consider doing so when there are any major changes in them.
- When you’re planning for a larger home remodeling project- When you want to add more space into your house, then it would be wise to consider replacing the hardwood floors.
- When there are any structural problems- If you notice any major structural problems on your house, then it would be wise to consider replacing your hardwood floors.
- When you want to install new flooring in your house- If you’re planning for a larger home remodeling project, then it would be wise to consider replacing the old hardwood floors with new ones.
It is obvious that replacing your old hardwood floors with new ones can be very expensive. However, you should not hesitate to replace them if they are damaged or worn out. Replacing them can be very beneficial and it would also help you to improve the overall look of your house.