USB flash drives are available as very popular and affordable storage devices for digital files. These devices replaced CDs & DVDs and people like to use USB flash drives for the storage and backup of different kinds of data. You will find it very compact in size and it comes with the storage capacity ranging from 8 GB to 256 GB and even higher so you can get USB flash drive as per your storage requirements. However, you should know about the lifespan of a USB drive so that you can keep your data protected in it.
There are several factors to keep in mind when you want to know how long will a USB drive last. For a clear image of this query, you can check out the information given below regarding it:
Lifespan of USB flash drives:
If you are getting a good quality USB flash drive and using it for data storage in a proper way, it may last for a few years. If you will simply write the data to your USB flash drive and will put it at a safe place for about 10 years, you will find it in working condition and you will find your data safe in the drive. However, if you are going to use the USB flash drive over and over again, it will wear out eventually and it will also affect the lifespan of the drive.
Finite Number of Write/Erase Cycles:
You should know that the lifespan of USB flash drive should be measured by its number of write / erase cycles. You will find USB flash drives having the capacity between 10,000 – 100,000 write/erase cycles. It will depend on the memory technology used in USB flash drive. After reaching the limit of these cycles, your drive may not function properly and there will be chances of data loss and corruption.
The life and condition of flash drive will also depend on environmental conditions and its use. If you are using a flash drive having low-quality components in it, it may fail at much earlier time than expected.
Tips to take care of flash drive:
If you do not want to risk the safety of your data in flash drive, you should take proper care of it. You can focus on the following tips to use it for a longer time:
• When you are not using your USB drive, you should cover it with its cap to prevent any dust or contaminants in it.
• You should keep the USB drive away from harsh conditions including extreme temperatures or humidity.
• You should not remove it from the USB ports when there is any e running operation. You should choose the option of eject the drive before removing it.
• You should not leave it plugged in your computer for a very long time when you are not using it.
With all these tips, you will be able to take care of your USB drive when you want to know how long will a USB drive last having your data in it.
- How to Watch Stanley Cup Finals 2021 Live Stream in Australia - June 4, 2021
- How to Care for Your Upholstered Furniture - May 24, 2021
- NBA Finals Live Stream: Broadcasting Partner in Every Country 2021 - May 13, 2021